BPA free Electric kettles should be your first consideration when buying kettles. BPA or Bisphenol A is an industrial chemical that is added to many commercial products including food containers and kettles. This chemical can quickly leak out when temperature rises and may cause health problems such as infertility, learning disabilities, breast cancer, asthma and many others.
It is recommended to avoid plastic kettles because they are loaded with BPA chemicals. BPA free Electric kettles are often made of stainless steel or glass and do not contain any plastic part or the plastics parts are BPA free. It is also important to ensure that water do not come in contact with plastic parts to reduce risk of BPA effects.
Using BPA free electric kettles has many advantages as they have good features which includes the following.
- Durable and Rust Proof. The materials that are used in these kettles are stainless steel and borosilicate glass which are both proven long lasting. Stainless steel is guaranteed rust proof.
- High Resistance to Extreme Temperatures. BPA free kettles don’t have the potential to leak toxins even when exposed to high temperature. They give peace of mind that you will have no melted plastics or leaked toxins in your drink. You can even warm up a baby beverage without the risk of toxins leaching that could adversely affect a developing child’s brain.
- Easy to clean. Because they are mostly made of glass or stainless steel, they are easier to clean than plastics. You just need a warm soapy water and rinse thoroughly.
- Environment Friendly. The process of making BPA free materials cause less impact on the environment than plastic manufacturing. When disposed, these kettles don’t release harmful chemicals in the environment.
- Aside from being BPA free which prevent you from harmful effects, they have auto shut off and boil dry feature. You don’t have to worry about forgetting to turn it off, very useful for busy people as you don’t have to monitor it.
- BPA free Electric kettles has modern yet classic designs that looks good in every kitchen.
Find out more about the properties of ceramics here.